Mission and Values
The “all-round Waitakian” strives to be their best academically, culturally, socially, in sport and in character development.
To provide an environment that will encourage and enable every student to achieve his full potential to become an “all-round Waitakian”.
Caring for yourselves and others.
The ability to recover quickly from difficulty.
Someone who is eager to accomplish a goal.
Doing the right thing.
THE WAITAKI STUDENT
The “all-round Waitakian” strives to be their best, academically, culturally, socially, in sport and in character development.
To achieve academically, a Waitakian:
- Sets realistic goals and works towards achieving the highest possible level of attainment in NCEA for himself
- Has independent work habits
- Develops transferable learning skills
To achieve culturally, a Waitakian:
- Participates in at least one cultural activity each year
- Is confident and enthusiastic in performance
- Is reliable and committed to both practice and performance
To achieve socially, a Waitakian:
- Has a wide range of healthy friendships
- Respects the rights of others
- Is tolerant of difference
- Is well-groomed. articulate, confident and personable
To achieve in sport, a Waitakian:
- Participates in at least one team sport or sporting activity each year
- Plays fair and respects the competition
- Is reliable and committed to both practice and competition
- Shows good team spirit
To achieve in character development, a Waitakian:
- Demonstrates the value of respect, motivation, resilience and integrity